My Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Monday, June 15, 2009

A surprisingly busy weekend

I got home before 7:00 pm last Thursday as my boss gave me a ride home. As it was Independence Day, we had a 3-day weekend.

June 12 passed by as any ordinary weekend when I laze around the house all day...

Almost! I got bored surfing through TV channels when I decided to invite my friend to watch a movie for P15.00 only at SM Manila. This was the second time we did it. Just last week, we watched Ink Heart. This Friday, we saw The Golden Compass. We went home right after seeing the movie.

As soon as I opened my eyes Saturday morning, I checked the time on my cell phone. I received text messages from 2 friends, 1 was from my best friend updating me on what she did all week and how she would spend the weekend. The other one was from a friend I haven't seen in a while inviting me to join other friends just to hang out that night. As I thought of just another boring day waiting for the day to end, I confirmed at once that I would join them.

After sending my replies, I washed my clothes and did some other household chores. It was nearly time to prepare to go out. The thing is, I haven't received confirmation yet if plans would push through or not. We met an hour after our originally scheduled meeting time.

Was I glad I joined them. It was truly a night filled with fun and laughter! We ate at a Japanese restaurant, then took a short ride to a videoke bar where we sang to our hearts' content for 2 hours, then walked in a street free of transportation and people with few lights to the nearest night hang out where we had 1 bottle of beer each while watching a band. We separated at 1:30 am.

I set my alarm for 4:00 am to pick up my mom from the airport. Her plane was due to arrive at 6:00 am. She got out at 6:30 am. She distributed our pasalubongs to those of us at home. I took a short nap, then she decided to go duty-free shopping. Actually, I shopped, she just watched me do it. Then we went home for a short while just to drop off the things that I bought. We proceeded to visit my nieces where Mama gave her pasalubong. I was truly tired when I got home tonight, I went to bed at once.

As luck would have it, I haven't slept a wink all night. That was when I decided to write this entry.

No comments: