My Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Thursday, July 27, 2006

My Latest "Advocacy"

I attended the Singles for Christ Christian Life Program (SFC CLP) last Friday. Usually, attendees stay after the session to interact with each other. Since I was in Cinemalaya the day before, I couldn’t help but share my latest “advocacy” to support Philippine digital cinema.

I told them to try seeing Philippine digital cinema films because I personally saw their quality. I suppose there will always be films of poorer quality but because they have already been selected from a pool of choices, they are few and far between. On the whole, the event was very organized. Even Laurice Guillen commented that this is even better than the first Cinemalaya held last year.

This is not my first time to “support an advocacy.” In the past, I was obsessed with the environment because of all the flooding in Metro Manila every time heavy rains occur. Then I attended a forum about the sorry state of Philippine tourism. I personally became a “local tourist” with my friends who enjoyed the outdoors as well.

After a while, my friend and I enjoyed watching stage plays especially when Lea Salonga acted in the lead role. To say that I watched stage plays weekly was not an exaggeration then. Now, it’s Philippine independent digital cinema. I honestly don’t know how long I will have this advocacy. All I know is, more independent filmmakers continue to produce good movies and since me and my friends are movie buffs, this is a chance to enjoy seeing movies while supporting a worthwhile cause.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»

Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»