My Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Friday, February 02, 2007

My Day Without a Plan

Yesterday, I gave my sister-in-law a small amount of money. I just felt that I had to share my blessings. I asked her how much she needed and gave an additional amount. The sum total was still small, to say the least. She dropped by the house to get it.

Last night, my mother forwarded a text message from my sister-in-law saying that she and her two daughters were sick. My two nieces vomitted several times and she was down with fever. I asked her how I could help her. She told me that I could just give enough for the medicine of one of my nieces. As she was sick also, I offered to take the money to her home.

I sent her a text message at a decent time this morning and told her she could text me if she was already awake so I could drop by their house to give her the money. Her elder daughter missed going to school so she prepared her first. As she was also not feeling well, and her younger daughter was also sick, she sent me the text message late in the morning.

I reached her house a little after 11:00 am and left around 11:45. They offered that I ate lunch with them but was shy to accept. I had lunch at a mall. I was so tired going around that I felt so sleepy when I got home. I fought sleep as it would cause me to sleep late come night time.

Then my classmate sent a text message around 5:00 pm saying that our meeting in Makati at 7:00 pm will push through. I haven't taken a bath by that time so hurried through all the motions. I met another classmate in going to the place. The traffic was unbelievable! It took us 45 minutes to reach Quiapo. We decided then that we'll just stay at Robinson's Place to have dinner. We informed the meeting organizer.

It turned out, the organizer took 2.5 hours to get to Makati. She told us that our other friends told her they would arrive around 10:00 pm. She was urging us to meet her then. We could understand her disappointment but really couldn't join her anymore because we had early morning appointments tomorrow. It was a good thing she was understanding enough to cancel the meeting.

My friend and I just had dinner and malled. We haven't done it in a long time. We missed talking about the nonsense and the things which concerned us most at home, in work and in our everyday lives.

I have a class report tomorrow and still haven't read on the topic. Yet, here I am in front of the computer documenting My Day without a Plan.

No comments: