My Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Christmas 2011

I got up from bed at 6:30am to prepare for the 9:00asm mass. Making a long story short, we took a cab and was almost late for the 10:00am mass. Then, we went to Ikea. I thought it was simply a furniture shop. How wrong was I! I ate delicious curried vegetables & muffins. Kat's sis met with us there and went back to the hotel with us. We were supposed to go on a dhow cruise but the stupid driver of our service provider did not see us. We just had dinner at a mall. The evening ended sadly. Mama & Bebs fought. Bebs took our room key and left the hotel.
NOTE: Bebs told us not to look into Arab's eyes. I asked why but she never said the reason. Sorry to say but in these modern times, in this progressive city, they still look down on women, I was mistaken for an easy girl. I would've understood this if I wore revealing clothes but I was wearing loose-fitting jacket over knee-length dress when 2 men in a car shouted to me "pick-up".

No comments: