My Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

More New Friendships

Friendships always excite me. I’m the type of person who takes ages to warm up to people. However, I find myself easily opening up to people in a meaningful way lately.

My friendship with the biology professor I met in the Singles for Christ-Christian Life Program (SFC-CLP) recently is going stronger. She was truly one of God’s blessings from the start. We had dinner in campus once, actually went out on 2 different weekends to do girly things such as malling and shopping and I even kept her company for breakfast this morning. To think I only knew her on July 21.

I recall how excited we always are when they grouped us for sharing in CLP. By the 4th week, we knew that we would be permanent CLP group mates. I like talking to her because she makes sense and she actually indulges in girl talk. My other friends have already outgrown girl talk. Being with her is always fun.

I have another new friend in campus. Our offices sometimes coordinate on projects once in a while so we know each other by face but never really talked. I only talked to her because my officemates saw her being interviewed on TV. I asked her about it, one question led to another and now I’m actually very open to her about most things I would have kept personal till who knows when?

When there are people with whom I dare to be myself in a matter of days, I sincerely feel most richly blessed.

4 comments:

The Guy in Red Sneakers said...

That's wonderful.

I think friends are one of life's greatest gifts.

And so thank you, for being one to me.

The Guy in Red Sneakers said...

I asked her about it, one question led to another and now I’m actually very open to her about most things I would have kept personal till who knows when? When there are people with whom I dare to be myself in a matter of days, I sincerely feel most richly blessed.

Ako naman, I tend to be a lot guarded. People in the past have hurt me and this had been my way of coping. I keep only friends whom I've known for great lengths of time and I rarely open up about personal stuff (If ever I did, it must be because I trust you.).

Betrayals can be so hurtful. I try to check myself, of course. Not all people are out to hurt you. Not on purpose, anyways.

Still, the guardedness. I can't help it, sometimes. I am wary and suspicious of people, tuloy.

Haaaaay. Sharing.

Thank you for this post. It made me a lot thoughtful about the kinds of friends I keep.

PreciousAnne said...

It takes a friend to know a friend. There are people I outgrew no matter how close we were in the past. Then there are people who, even after more than a decade of separation, I reconnect with as if we had a heartfelt talk just yesterday.

Anonymous said...

It's amazing to pay a quick visit this web page and reading the views of all mates on the topic of this post, while I am also zealous of getting know-how.

Stop by my web site - take a look over here