My Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

My Last Day of Processing Papers

Finally! All requirements and signatures have been accepted by the HRD!!! Fortunately for me, it wasn't as simple as that. It was an eventful day.

I chose to go there in time to attend the 12 noon mass. I commuted to go there with the senior citizens riding in the jeep. The people who rode with me were talking about the GSIS. My heart broke as I heard their stories. Was I glad that it was my last day to commute or else I wouldn't have started working there.

I arrived early so I decided to go up to the office. It was great timing for me. The whole team was about to go to lunch. Also, one of my officemates was celebrating her birthday. These two are separate stories. My boss invited me to join them and I did. It was a lunch date full of laughter. A great teambuilding event.

Then, I brought my papers to the Legal Department for notarization. The lawyer who attended to my papers asked me endlessly who my backer was in getting in. I told him that I was a walk-in applicant and was chosen from among the five selected applicants. He also told me that they were not hiring at the present time. In the process, he told me it was the rule and not the exception. At that point, a warm feeling enveloped me as I realized I bested four great applicants.

On my way to submit my papers to the HRD, I met one of my bosses. I told her what happened in the Legal Department. Her words made me feel humbled because I was just getting to realize the enormity of the blessings bestowed upon me then.

Before I slept, I called my cousin and her husband to thank them once again for letting me know of the job vacancy. To this day, I am still amazed by the manner the Lord gave this job to me. This is one story where I can truthfully say that I obeyed all instructions without resistance. This is one story where God's providence is truly filled to overflowing. This is one story where I only need to trust where God leads me. My prayer now is that I may be the empty vessel simply following God's directions so I may prove myself worthy of the blessings showered upon me.

No comments: