My Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Friday, August 21, 2009

Infectious Joy

This Wednesday, I attended the Novena mass at the office. I saw Nelia, and asked that she accompany me while I ate lunch. She told me that she and other ladies in her department were planning to watch AND I LOVE YOU SO after office. I was shy at first but I really wanted to see the movie so said yes anyway.

Eight of us excitedly left the office and decided to eat dinner at the Aristocrat. We made a bet that whoever cried first would foot our dinner bill. We were joking that we'll keep the bill at P1,600 with a P200 per head budget laughing our hearts out. We ordered just 4 softdrinks in can, 2 persons sharing a can. We said we'd cancel orders should we go over the budget. We told the waiter to compute our bill right after he took our orders just to make sure.

Another waiter approached us and asked if we knew the guy who was sitting at the table next to us. The waiter said that guy paid for our P1,800 bill! In all, he paid for his P300-meal, P1,00-take out food, and P300-tip, plus our tab.

No one knows who he is. The ladies at the end of the table next to his were saying that he was smiling at our conversation. We know we looked professionals wearing our uniforms. I was the only one who didn't have the blazer on.

We were at the parking when Nelia couldn't see the parking receipt. While looking for it, we saw the contents of her blazer pockets, lots of tissue ready for the crying moment she never had. We saw the receipt after 5 minutes.

It was a pleasant surprise for all of us.

2 comments:

Glenmeister said...

Precious, did you ever know who the gentleman was?

PreciousAnne said...

hi Tom. We never bothered to look at the gentleman at the other table. My friends said they saw him laugh at our exchange of banters. I wish I know who you are as well.