My Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Sunday, August 23, 2009

The week that passed and beyond

My boss has been gearing up for a big presentation to THE boss and we, the lowly people, made sure we prepared all the necessities well, making it seem we just finished goind our job. This has been our process for more than a week now.

Our office is composed of 3 departments that each have reports. Our assignment was to present our department's report, and collate those of the 2 others. Sounds easy, right? Be the judge.

One department submitted right at the last minute of the first deadline. It would have been ok as they literally beat the deadline. The only thing is, their report was still incomplete. We would have gladly filled in the blanks but it was just too technical for us. The other department finished a day ahead yet they couldn't give their report to us because their head hasn't checked their output at that time.

I looked forward to thursday night and the 3-day weekend (Aug. 21 is Ninoy Aquino Day). Me and my boss finished out part and as I was about to leave the office a little after 6:00 pm, one officemate told me that they cannot give their report to me before I leave the office, another one told me that major changes were made to their report.

I still left the office as scheduled and went to have my warts removed! I haven't taken a bath since Thursday night as I'm waiting for the marks to heal. It's a good thing, the healing cream I bought is really effective. Needless to say, I haven't left the house since then.

Can't wait for next Friday when I will watch a concert with a good friend.

1 comment:

The Guy in Red Sneakers said...

Ngarag ever..! Ahahahaha.

Seriously though, I sort of not like it too much kapag dependent sa movement nang ibang division iyong work. We have those kinds din dito, this office being the "end point" of most work- processes. Ahahahaha. Sakit sa bangs, seryoso.

Anyways, I'm glad to have read this entry. Feels great to know hindi ako nag-iisa, in a way.

Stay happy.