My Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Saturday, March 13, 2010

All in my day's work

I usually answer office phone inquiries. When I don’t know the answer, I refer them to the concerned unit by giving the direct line number. When I give the number, the caller usually repeats it after me. One time, after I mentioned the first 3 digits, I heard “beep, beep, beep”. I heard it again after I mentioned the last 4 digits. I tactfully told the caller, “Please dial that number after we put down our phones.”

- 0 -

Before our office releases claims, the INternal reconciliation department double checks premium and loan payments. As this is a tedious task which sometimes takes months due to the volume of requests, clients follow up either in person or over the phone. One time I answered a phone inquiry, the caller asked to be connected to the Eternal reconciliation department.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pwede na as entry sa Reader's Digest ah

PreciousAnne said...

thanks Ryan