My Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Saturday, May 12, 2007

Still Searching

Should my good friends read the title, I'm sure the first thing that would enter their minds is that, again, I am searching for the prince who will sweep me off my feet some time very soon. I'm also sure that they would be relieved, more than disappointed to know that I'm not talking about my lack of love life.

The next logical thing that would enter their minds is my search for a job abroad. If I'm not mistaken, I have posted my resume in at leat 5 job Web sites. That's not including direct applications to companies.

Come to think of it, my life here in Manila is so comfortable. I should be more than grateful for the financial security I enjoy. I am content with my life, truth be told.

So why am I applying? My mom made this remark one time that she would like me to work abroad so she can travel to visit me.

I have long ago commented that I am so complacent in my life. Before, I told myself that I am this way because I have a strng faith in God that in due time, everything will rightfully be placed where they belong.

As time went by, it entered my mind that I never realy strive for anything. Putting this to the extreme, I don't aspire/work hard for anything. I am aimless.

Gloing back to my mom's remark. It serves as my goal now. The job descriptions show the skills and knowledge I should have to be competitive globally. The rejection e-mails, as well as the invites for submission of resumes show how I compare with others in my field of expertise.

As of now, I am still waiting to find out where life is taking me. Thankfully, I am given enough resources to enjoy the experiences.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

good luck! =D

PreciousAnne said...

Hi Ryan. I hope you stay happy in your present job.

The Guy in Red Sneakers said...

I often have this feeling, too, that I am "not living up to my full potential". That I am "frittering away too much precious time".

I don't know. I am happy with my present life. I could be happier, perhaps (a promotion, a bigger house, perhaps a car), pero... I do not know, really.

When I was in my early twenties I was so fiercely competitive. And OC to a fault, na everybody calls me Adi The Monster.

Now I am more relaxed and... content, siguro.

_______________

PS. What a long-winding way to describe my being tamad, ano..? Ahahahahahahaha.

PreciousAnne said...

My dear Adi, I long ago realized that the difference between being in school and working is, in school, we are assured that after a year, we will advance to the next level, while in the office, we all know how we earn promotions.

Let go of feeling "not living up to your full potential." Look at God as a father who loves showering you with the things that bring you the most joy. You will be surprised at how achieving will come naturally.