My Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Sunday, May 06, 2007

Weekends with Friends

Sis Irene

Since I resigned from the university, Irene and I spent weekends shopping, and have dinner once in a while. We didn’t need a reason or an occasion to do it. One time, she invited me to go to Cavite, visit her brother and join the town fiesta. When I told my mom about it, she asked me where exactly in Cavite I was going. I forgot to ask the town, actually.

Nevertheless, I was only willing to comply. We went to Alfonso, Cavite. When we got there, we had lunch, talked to her parents and siblings, ate little, took a nap, ate some more, visited the nearest house, ate, talked more with her family, ate, then went back to Manila. She even gave me kalderetang kambing, ube and around 10 avocado. I recounted the day with my Mom when I got home. She asked me if it entered my mind, at any point, that I was abusing my host’s hospitality. I told her, honestly, that it never entered my mind at all.

Sharon

Before we went on vacation abroad, Sharon and I could hardly find the time to see each other due to our demanding offices. We set dates and times but cancelled at the last minutes because we had to stay in the office to rush or finish some things. We finally had the time to do it once. I went to the place near her office in Araneta Ave. Corner Quezon Ave. It was my long overdue dinner treat for her since I transferred offices.

That night, we ate a hearty Chowking dinner. After that, we had coffee in the nearby Starbucks. Three and a half hours surely went by so fast without us realizing it.

We were able to do it again! I had to give her pictures of our trip and a few other stuff. We started off with lunch at Burgoo. One pasta, a slice of cake, refills of iced tea and coffee was enough for more than an hour of conversation. It was sort of a homecoming to the SM City in West Avenue. To say that we explored all floors and buildings is no exaggeration at all. We went from shop to shop scrutinizing all the makeup and accessories we could find. We also went through all the books at Fully Booked. My wrist watch with 14 straps, long earrings, face powder and brush were proofs of our relaxing day.

Cata, Sheila, Doods and Kitt

I dropped by the campus to get copies of our pictures of our trip abroad. Cata had the good heart to invite us to dinner. Cata is one person who is on an eternal diet but the good hostess that she was put it on hold and ordered New York’s Finest from Yellow Cab, opened two of her non-alcoholic wines in stock and brought out her videoke collection. I even got to borrow 5 DVDs. It was a night filled with singing, endless teasing, cornick, and laughter that ended at 1:00 a.m. Thank God this is one privilege which was not taken away from me upon my resignation from the office.

2 comments:

sharkyflip said...

Wow! Napaka sociable creature mo talaga, Sis Pre! I also especially liked the blog entry about your job search for work abroad. :) Mejo nainspire ako dyan. Dito kasi sa loob ng faculty room, I get inspired by the research and work ethics by people who "survive" and manage the pressures. Kaya mejo unmotivated to resign.

Reading the perspectives of someone who managed to cross the fence is quite refreshing. Keep posting! :)

PreciousAnne said...

Thanks for the comment Joel. I'm looking forward to our SFC outing =)