My Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Saturday, November 24, 2007

Closures and Beginnings

I never liked leaving projects hanging in the middle of it all. I also know that I can only do so much as a member of the team.

From the start of accepting assignments as part-time English editor, I expected to receive returned letters from less than satisfied clients. I was surprised that I never did! Then again, I spoke too soon.

As I had so many after office activities scheduled Thursday to Sunday this week, I took a leave of absence in my part-time job. In my previous entry, I mentioned that I have been promoted to writer. I still recall the proud feeling which overwhelmed me then. That was until I received my first returned output. Call me swell-headed but the way I see it, the client returned the letter because he neglected to mention matters he wanted to see in his letters. I implemented the revisions as he "demanded." I hope that would be the end of it.

On another note, my very busy doctor finally had the time to go over my e-mail. It was really surprising that he made minimal changes to the article I wrote. I expected my article to be overhauled but I was proven wrong. I hope this magazine issue ends well soon.

In times like this, I think of the reason I became a writer. Truth be known, it was the only talent I had as a high school student that I could develop to earn a living as a professional later on. I talked with fellow writer in the office. I asked them their motivation for wanting to be a writer. As expected, we had different stories. The truth is, we feel that we have written about a wide range of matters but never really mastered a single topic. You can only imagine how we gather data from less than cooperative people to come up with a decent article. I am oftentimes amazed by God's gifts when He works through making me write significant compositions. I can improve with constant practice or lose the skills I have now should I not use them. I can honestly say that being a writer is truly a calling.

No comments: