My Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Another Regular Activity for Me

On top of graduate school, I took on another regular activity. I joined Singles for Christ (SFC) Archers, as its flash banner said, GodStruck 2!

I should have been part of the first batch last year but I couldn’t because I had a very active social life back then. I even had an argument with my friend who was doing her best to convince me to join SFC. I never really liked doing things I don’t wanna do :)

During that time, I actually chose who to join among my friends, after office. Back then, I had to learn to turn down gimmick invites so I could have complete sleep and just laze around the house even for just a day. That lifestyle of mine lasted for almost a year. After that, I felt that I was so drained of energy, I turned down all gimmicks altogether.

After a while, with no regular after office activity, I looked back on the things I put off. I suddenly remembered that I could join SFC. So I inquired with my friend about it. She told me I’d be among the first to know when it resumes. I waited, then graduate school came. This took care of all of my so-called free time.

Call it perfect timing! My friend informed me that SFC was starting soon. I wanted to back out once again but felt that I couldn’t do it to my friend again. I talked to my other friends about it and was surprised to find out that two stopped attending after the second session. That aroused my curiosity and decided to attend the first two sessions, at least. Besides, I had a feeling that if I don’t join now, I wouldn’t be able to join ever.

So I attended the orientation last Friday, July 15. Based on the topic discussed, I could hazard an accurate guess on the reason one of my friends didn’t push through with it.

As for me, I was overwhelmed by the personality of the people who were full-pledged members already. Don’t get me wrong because I really felt that they were genuine and sincere but I wouldn’t have been surprised had they grown wings and gotten halos with golden auras! No kidding! They were such sweet people, to say the least.

When I was still talking myself into joining it, I thought the only way I can actually finish is to take it one session at a time. Since I have already started it, I also might as well finish. Maybe I wouldn’t be as ideal a person as they are but I hope some of their goodness rubs off on me eventually.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»

Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»