My Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Chatting with Friends

One of the things I don’t have time for is chatting with friends because as I mentioned in my previous posts, I am very busy. I don’t mean the impersonal chatting through YM, MSN Messenger or AOL Messenger. I’m referring to phone chatting.

I remember the time I could talk for 2 hours on the phone at one sitting. (Yes, this is short compared to my 4 hour phone calls back in high school.) I just want to update my friends on my activities and know the things my friends are busy with.

For me, talking to a friend on the phone is very relaxing and enjoyable. They provide new perceptive on things I cannot understand. They tell me to act my age when I overreact to certain people and issues. They make me laugh with them, and most of the times, at myself too.

Reminiscing is definitely part of most of our conversations. But, as life has taught me, looking back is always good because it gives me perspective on how I was before, how I am now and a little glimpse of how I may act/react in the future.

So now, this is what I do with the rare free time I have, chat with friends and update my blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»