My Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Thursday, August 03, 2006

An Angel Wrapped in a Different Package

It seems that angels just keep on making their presence felt most especially in this trying time of my life.

My present neurologist told me that the test he would like to make me go through costs a considerable amount. It popped into my mind that I could course it through the health care provider. The thing is, I had to go back to the first neurologist I consulted. He wasn’t really bad. He just didn’t like explaining things which were happening to me. In short, he was a snob.

As expected, the first thing he asked me was why I never returned to him when he specifically told me to consult with him monthly. I decided to come clean at once. I told him I sought 2nd and 3rd opinions and that they had similar diagnosis. He didn’t miss the chance to point it out to me. Good thing I was in a light mood and just grinned and bore.

He told me that the health care provider might not be able to finance the exam I should go through because it was too expensive. He gave me a recommendation anyway. Guess what? My payable was reduced to a mere 13% of the total amount. In short, my snob neurologist turned out to be ANGEL NUMBER 1 of the day.

I went to my neurologist during office hours. I told my supervisor all my health concerns. He was very supportive. He allowed me to go. I planned to be out for 4 hours at most. However, because of the long lines, I was able to go back to the office after 5 hours. Because I felt that I reported for less than the 4 hours required for my attendance to be considered half-day at least, I just filed for an unscheduled vacation leave for the day. My supervisor told me that we should consult it with our office director. They were both very understanding, ANGELS NUMBER 2 and 3. Don’t get me wrong, these 2 people are angels in all aspects.

Life is always good. God is always good. Blessings are everywhere. We just need to be receptive to the blessings that come our way. Just because we don’t like the packaging, doesn’t mean it will not work itself out for the best.

No comments: