My Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

A Day for Small Notes

A message from a good friend:

hi pres! i hope you always keep that smile in your beautiful face and kind heart. keep it up my dear.

In continuation of my last post, here aretext messages regarding my application:

  • Cousin, dumaan bos ni digs dto. Malaki chances mo. Sabi ok daw yung babae na taga dlsu. Pero may gusto iba yung vp. D magaling. Ayaw ng panel. Galingan mo next wk.ΓΌ
  • Ntapos pa lng i-chk parts 1 & 2 nung exam. Mganda, ksi nkita ko highest ka. D pa nga lng kasama stories na pnasulat sa inyo. 3 aplicants daw 2 com tom.
  • Mukhng type ka nung 2 evaluatr di2. Pero syempre quiet ako para d halata. Le’ts pray stil.

Postscripts to my last post:

In my growing up years, I only ever saw my dad’s relatives during the summer mostly because we live so far apart. With some of my cousins who are in the same age group as I am, I can be my natural self. I mean, I don’t have to walk on eggs and be extra nice because we all ran after each other in the gardens together, bathe in the “kubota” (rice field irrigation source), slept on swings or the house “silong.”

As I wanted to check if sickness was in my parents’ genes specifically my father, I informed one of my cousins. It was also my introduction in telling them gently to take good care of themselves without unduly alarming them. Needless to say, she told our relatives about my health. Last night, two of my dad’s sisters called me up asking how I am. They are genuinely concerned. They reassured me several times that I am always included in their prayers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello there! This is my first comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out and tell you I really enjoy reading your blog posts.
Can you suggest any other blogs/websites/forums
that cover the same topics? Thank you so much!

my web-site :: cash advance fort myers