My Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Thursday, April 05, 2007

Haven't Been This Sick in a Long Time

Call me a nerd but I actually looked forward to the 5-day weekend to concentrate on my school papers. I thought it was timely that the professor generously gave an extension of 1 day so we could polish our papers. I was ready to work on it non-stop as I have no need to worry about getting up late to go to work and I could sleep on and off till my paper gets done.

I woke up fairly late today wanting to extend my stay in bed some more. Then I remembered, I should work on my school paper. Barely half an hour after I turned my computer on, I felt a minor headache. I tried to ignore it while I surfed the internet to look for references. An hour after, I just couldn't understand a word of the English Web sites I visited. I told myself, it was time to take a nap.

After barely an hour of sleep, I woke up with a splitting headache. I thought it was pathetic for me to cry but I just couldn't help it. Here I was, lying on my bed, when I felt my tummy turning. It was a good thing I was able to run to puke. After an hour or so, the rest of my breakfast was down the drain. It was already 2:00 p.m. then and I haven't had lunch yet.

I can barely recall the last time I had the fever. I can't claim to eat a healthy diet as I eat mostly fastfood meals nowadays, but I thought my body knew how to take care of itself well by now. Come to think of it, personal history reminded me that while I am in the middle of being busy, my body coped quite well. The good Lord reminds me to take better care of myself, i.e., eat at the right time and sleep longer mostly, after I do my job well.

I went to sleep again and I felt recharged. Way, way better! I felt like my old self again. God's blessings never stop pouring.

No comments: