My Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Friday, April 06, 2007

Immortalizing Oneself

What is it about the third millennium that people all over the world wants to immortalize oneself in more than one way, e.g., personal Web sites, blogs, online videos, and the list goes on?

I should be one to ask when I have a blog which I update when my schedule permits. So why do I maintain it?

As I have written, the time I decided to create my blog, I felt that I needed to share the gifts I received then because I am merely a vessel.

Then I enrolled in graduate studies. I was quite proud of the articles I wrote because I earned decent grades, as I mentioned over and over again :D Well, I also spent a number of sleepless nights to be able to come up with a decent article so I felt that uploading it was just the icing on the cake.

I always tell my gifted co-workers and friends to go into teaching so that their talents and skills will not die with them and will be passed on to future achievers.

I remember I attended a retreat a few years ago and was asked if I planned to go into teaching eventually. I honestly answered no because I didn't hear the call to teaching then. I still haven't heard it till now.

However, I have no qualms about mentoring a co-worker, for now. I have already done it a few times in the past and I felt genuine fulfillment in seeing someone doing some things his own way, actually improving my style, after some time.

Call me narcissistic but immortalizing oneself if enough motivation to do things well. Immortalizing oneself is enough reason to check myself to always do my best. I think, people of all generations have always wanted to immortalize oneself in different ways. We people of the third millennium just have the internet and free blog and video sites to make netizens access information about us through cyberspace.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hurrah, that's what I was looking for, what a data! present here at this web site, thanks admin of this web site.

Feel free to surf to my web-site ... very nice web site