My Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Thursday, April 05, 2007

Spinsters for Christ?

This post is about several conversations which took place in the office...

I told an officemate that I am an active member of the DLSU Singles for Christ (SFC). He told another one of our officemates who teased me about it. He wittily changed SFC to mean SPINSTERS for Christ. One time, I passed by his room to tell him I was about to leave to attend an SFC get-together. He asked me what we do to pass time. Then, he went on to tease me if we were taught how to crochet stuff in preparation for old age. I told him he was not far off. I also told him that I would take a video of it, upload it in YouTube and would oblige him to post a comment about it.

A few days after, he told me that the office would offer housing loans and I should avail of it. I also told him that it was all part of my preparation for eternal spinsterhood. I already have a pension plan which was big enough to support me when the time comes. They just laughed with me.

Then I told a good friend about my plan. She said she would also like to buy one right next to mine. She is a good friend and her remark just made me more excited. Again, i told my officemate about this. He gave me a brilliant idea. He said I should tell all my SFC friends about it and come to live in a single subdivision which will be called Spinsters' Village.

Thinking about it actually made more sense. We could actually live in a village close to each other so our support group will be literally close by. It was a brilliant idea.

I told another friend about this. He asked me why I have already given up hope that i will settle down and have a family of my own. I told him that hope still springs eternal in my heart that I will be a loving wife to a dear man who will be my beloved husband. I sincerely hope that someday I will be a devoted mom to children I will bear and rear to be God-fearing people.

However, this prayer of mine should not keep me from my preparation for single blessedness too. After all, I still live in the reality that for now, I am going through life alone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your officemate better be kidding or I will give him some whoppin'

Just kidding, friend!

Hope you are having fun =)